Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yoville and other realities


Life has been so crazy. One of those "hurry up and slow down" times. I found myself so completely worked up about my online business and the lack of sales. I was sewing A LOT and spending less time with my precious girlies (or as we call them our "pickles"). I tell you, no financial crisis is worth neglecting those sweet ones we have chosen to welcome into our family. In updating my last blog, I got a job at a huge department store across the street from our apartment. My girls were upset, but I will actually be less stressed out and spending more time with them than when I am frantically sewing. I will work weekends when my hubby is able to be at home with the girlies. Believe it or not, this is my first-job-ever! I've done dental assisting, farming and market stand sales, missionary, teacher of every age child in a Bolivian school, kitchen help, lawn crew for a college, seamstress, house keeper, clothes iron-er; I think an etc. would be quite fitting here. None of these were regular, punch a time clock, get a paycheck with tax withheld jobs. I was embarrased at training night when 19 year old kids had far more experience than I had. Oh well, at least I am not calloused and indifferent about working. I'm excited and think I will actually enjoy this!

So, I'm thinking about Yoville and it's eternal implications. Just kidding. I was really playing like my life depended on it for a while. It's a game on facebook where you work at a bakery and visit friends to earn money. That is sooooooo up my alley! I got to decorate my apartment in psycedelic colors and patterns so completely unlike my real life apartment. I tend towards French country in real life. In Yoville I am skinny and have perfectly fitting brown capri pants. What's not to love? Well, now I'm kind of tired of it and especially the forgetting to check on it and burning a bunch of angel food cakes in the bakery. oops. So, I am taking this moment to be thankful for my real life! Even the ideal dream life has catches. We have our issues, but I can honestly say (in the week of giving thanks) that I am so happy now. God is ever faithful to provide for us! We have all the trimmings to make on Thursday (I should say I have it to make). What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? I'm a sucker for moist cornbread stuffing. yummm.

Ok, so I have a recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that is simply divine! I got it from Buttercup bakes at home. She uses chocolate chunks, but who has those?

Peanut Butter Choc. Chip Cookies

1 1/4 cup flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 c (1 stick) butter room temp

3/4 c peanut butter (I like creamy, but you can use chunky)

1 c packed light brown sugar

1 large egg

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup choc chips (or more if you looooove chocolate like we do)


Mix altogether. Drop by teaspoons on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. They will be gone soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment