Monday, November 30, 2009

Post Thanksgiving Thoughts


So we had a very small Thanksgiving with our little family. I had decided that I would make it simple this year. Why should I stress out about making way too much food anyway? I had bought a 23 lb turkey; so I wrestled it into the oven in my prized antique roaster. That roaster makes anything fantastic to eat! It only took 4 hours to cook golden brown and moist. I made mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top. (because my hubby was having a childhood flashback). I made cornbread stuffing and sage gravy. We opened a can of cranberry sauce. And that, my friends, was it. My girls hated the marshmallows, cranberry sauce, and gravy. So our pictures taken to memorialize our Thanksgiving day were of screwed up faces and puckered lips. At least we could laugh about it. They loved the turkey, which, I suppose is the important part. I put two full bags of turkey in the freezer and and one bag for the fridge. Thus begins the all star line up of leftover turkey concoctions. I try to be original and not do the famed pot pie that seems to always follow the T day. Besides pasta with chopped turkey and sweet potato cream sauce, I'm still thinking. I've got plenty of time since the rest of the turkey is frozen.


Black Friday I started my new job. Insane, right? It wasn't too bad. I bagged purchases for 4 hours without stopping. The customers still wrapped around the entire store when it was time for me to clock out. My feet were hurting and I had to walk home. I got home and put my feet up the rest of the day.


Do you know what I'm so thankful for? I love that today is the only day that I need to concern myself with. I don't even need to worry about tomorrow! God promised to give us new mercies everyday. So today they are fresh and piping hot! Thank You, Lord.
I know everyone is asking for leftover recipes, but I want to know what is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment