Wednesday, November 18, 2009

On getting a job


I have two distintions in my life that separate me from the normal woman. 1. I have never watched the movie "The Titanic" and 2. I have never worked at a payrolled job. Tomorrow I will change one of those distinctions. I am getting a job at a department store across the street from our apartment. We have agonized over whether I should get a job or not. I am a very dedicated SAHM (stay at home mom). I have homeschooled them. I have worked really hard at keeping my 2 etsy shops going. I love cooking and cleaning. However, we find ourselves at a time in our lives when I need to step out and do something extra to help our budget (or lack thereof). My hubby will complete his masters of accounting next Dec '10 and is working part time at a research institute in the university. Poor guy is so busy. He is so faithful and devoted to getting all his work done well, I'm so proud of him. My little girlies are not happy about me going to work. My eight year old is not usually very affectionate, but yesterday she wanted to spend every minute with me and told me she didn't want me to go to work. Today I laid on the couch for a little siesta and suddenly had 3 girlies on me. I slept anyway while they watched Sesame Street. I will just be working weekends to start with, but my girlies are used to having me around all the time. We pray for grace for all of us as we enter this new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment