Monday, May 17, 2010

Downhill


Well, we made it through our crazy week. My 9 year old got the dream birthday party of roller skating. She told me it was "the best party in the whole world." I'm so happy she feels that way since there were only 2 families there other than us. I made profiteroles instead of cake. My girlie is a strange one and doesn't like cake or chocolate. Actually, there are a lot of things she doesn't like, but that's another subject. She wanted a cowboy party so that her friends that are boys would feel comfortable. Sweet, huh? My birthday, the following day, I thought would be uneventful. However, my sweet hubby took us out to Padre Island to a small Italian restaurant. It was amazing! I'm a sucker for Italian anyway; especially something that tastes like it came on a cloud from Rome. They gave me a real cannoli with a candle in it. (speaking of clouds)

Now we begin a new phase! My dear hubby has short, but strong, waves of classes, studying, exams, etc. ahead of him this summer and fall. We thank the Lord he has a job for the summer. He is going to begin taking the CPA exam----major! So, my role more than ever is the supporting wife. I will probably quit my retail job (yay!) so I can be home and keep everything going smoothly. Did I say smoothly? Um, how about more or less stable. I have already begun to sew again and a dear friend gave me a whole bunch of fabric. I hope to get my 2 shops filled up again.

I need some motivation to exercise more! The bouncy mommy belly must go! (as I go burn some more calories mopping the tile floors in my house)

No comments:

Post a Comment